This recipe is one of my favorite go to lunches when I am at home during the summer. It is good for packing too, but I like this recipe a lot better when the pasta is hot and fresh from the stove. This recipe is adapted from a recipe that I found on the Skinny Taste website. I liked the idea of the recipe, but was not a fan of some of the ingredients, so I adapted it slightly to appeal more to my personal taste.
Fresh Baby Spinach (I use a handful or two.)
Fresh Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half (I don't measure...usually a small handful.)
1 can of chunk light tuna in water (albacore is yummy too)
1 serving of whole wheat penne pasta
1 T olive oil
1/2 T red wine vinegar (balsamic would be good too)
1 teaspoon of grated parmesan
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, layer your plate with spinach and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, and parmesan cheese together. Pour dressing over spinach and tomatoes.
- When pasta is finished, drain and pour hot pasta over the spinach. I like doing it this way because it wilts the spinach down a little.
- Layer the tuna on top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle with some pepper.