Jun 16, 2014

Finding Courtney

I have started my posts like this too many times...

"I know I have been gone for awhile, but..."

As much as I love blogging, it is difficult sometimes.  I don't always know what to say.  I mean, you don't want to hear about the stress of my job or the state of the cleanliness levels of my house.  Sometimes, I feel like my day to day is not noteworthy...not something you want to spend part (although a tiny part) of your day reading.

I am at the beach right now on my family vacation.  I am as relaxed as I have been in a long time, and it is amazing how just sitting on a balcony and watching the ocean and people can clear your mind.  It is amazing how being really relaxed for the first time in months can put things in perspective.

The reality is that I am not a success story...yet.  I have a lot of goals (fitness and otherwise) that I want to accomplish.  You are going to hear about my struggles and my successes...my good days and my bad days.  I am real life.  I may be just like you.  I think my writers block has sometimes been due to that I did not have any good news to share.  I have blogged about my favorite new workouts...but not on the disgusting display of binge eating that took place in my kitchen on Memorial Day.  What I COULD have said though, is that I had a disgusting display of binge eating, but I stopped myself and got rid of the foods that triggered it.  I could also say that I got right back on track the next day and even completed the day with a workout.  I didn't though...because I was too afraid to share my failures.

You aren't going to see progress pictures that take your breath away...yet.  I have shared pictures and I HAVE made progress.  I just ask you to to be patient with me as I meander my way through.  I KNOW those pictures will happen.  It is just taking some time.

I don't really know what the point of this entry is.  I guess I just wanted to explain my reality to an extent. The truth is that after spending a lifetime overweight, changing things around is HARD.  I am proud of myself though because I am doing things I honestly thought I could NEVER do.  I am pushing my body, fitness-wise, to places that I never thought it could go.  I am so proud of that.

I guess I also want to give a plug.  Of course, there is my blog facebook page, where I share my posts and other tidbits.  I have also created a facebook page dedicated to fitness and health.  I want this to be a place where people can share ideas, victories, and even struggles.  This is where I hope to coach everyone along.  Being a coach does not mean that I am an expert.  It just means I am a support system.  It means I am a cheerleader.

If you would like to be a part of it, then click below and "like" the page.  Strength is in numbers, right?  I called the page "Finding Courtney."  The reason is that I really feel like I am finding parts of myself that I did not even know existed.  I hope that if we embark on this journey together, you will find those qualities in yourself too...no matter what they may be.  Join me!  I cannot wait to get to know you!



I am linking up to Motivation Monday...just in case you need a little motivation and would like to join.


Daily Dose of Del Signore

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more...strength in numbers, as women, we need to support and raise each other up. You can do it girl, I believe in you :)

    Jen
    *Motivation Monday link up co-host

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post because it is so real. I know what you mean about not knowing what to post, but here is the reality. This blog is about you. There will always be people that resonate with you. I try to blog everyday because to me it just honors this process everyday. Sometimes people really connect. Some days not so much, but people know how to scan or not read. I hope you enjoy your vacation, and maybe you will want to check out my 30 day brave challenge :) We got this!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...