Listen, I know we all have busy lives. I work full time, have kids, and commute over an hour each way to work. So, trust me, I have used this excuse more times than I can count. The reality is though, is that there is time. There are tons of awesome work outs that you can do AT HOME that only last a half an hour or less! Here are some of my favorites:
- Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (Costs like 10 bucks at Target.)
- Jillian Michaels Body Revolution
- Focus T25 (These workouts are AWESOME and only last 25 minutes!!)
- 21 Day Fix (These are only 30 minutes!)
Don't want to invest money in workout videos? Well, I have an answer to that too (You hate me right now dont you? Damn, she keeps taking away my excuses!!! Bitch...)
Try the Fitness Blender website! This website has TONS of totally free full length workout videos! There is everything from yoga, to cardio, to Tabata training workouts! Do yourself a favor and check it out.
It can be, yes. There are ways around that though! Your grocery does not have to make you sick to your stomach if you follow some of these tips: (Not trying to be a know-it-all...just know that this has worked for me!)
- Plan your meals for the week ahead of time and make a shopping list! Only buy what you need for the week in order to stick to your plan. I know that if I don't do this and build a list I am grabbing something here and something there and before I know it my grocery bill is insane. Plus, I get home and have a bunch of healthy food, but nothing that goes together to make a decent meal! Plan, plan, and plan some more!
- Buy produce that is in season. Not only is your produce going to be more tasty, it is also going to be plentiful and on sale. For example, I LOVE watermelon, but I don't buy one during the winter because they are expensive and the watermelon that IS available in January tastes like poo.
- Buy frozen veggies! These are typically cheap, tasty, and EASY to prep. How many times have you bought fresh broccoli only to not make it and when you are ready to actually cook it, it has gone bad in your crisper? This is why I buy frozen broccoli florets. I like the Steamfresh bags. What is easier than popping the entire bag in the microwave. You don't even have to dirty any dishes! Score!!
- Buy the off-brand versions of healthier foods. Grocery stores like Meijer, Kroger, and even Target have their own brands of healthier choices -- from meal staples to snack items. I shop at Meijer and I can actually afford to buy some organic items because they have their own Meijer Organics line and the prices are outstanding!
Trust me, I know. I have always been the only one in my house working towards fitness goals. When my husband does try to do this for himself, he has his own method that doesn't always coincide with how I want to do things. You may not feel like you have support in your home or even among your friends, but there are plenty people out there (present internet company included) who are like-minded. One of my favorite things to do is join Facebook groups. I get lots of ideas and support that way. I have also made a lot of friends. If that isn't your cup of tea, then the best I can say is that weight loss and fitness are a very personal thing. We all have a method that we prefer and we all have individual goals. My alone feeling is a large reason why I decided to document my journey via blogging. I sought out weight loss blogs and read so many inspirational stories! I saw so many success stories and it helped me realize that this whole thing IS possible! I decided that I wanted to do the same thing for others. Plus, I really enjoy writing. Please feel free to e-mail me or find me on Facebook any time! I am always more than happy to cheer you along!
YOU CAN DO THIS!! Excuses are not going to get you any closer to where you want to be and they certainly aren't going to make you feel any better. Believe in yourself enough to let the excuses go.