May 6, 2014

Meal Plan Ideas...BREAKFAST

I know that when it comes to eating healthier, it is so difficult to come up with meals that are healthy AND taste good.  It is so easy to get bored...and with boredom, comes bad choices.  This week I am going to offer some ideas for each meal of the day.  Of course, we need to start with breakfast!!

What I eat for breakfast usually has to be something quick and portable.  Here are some of my favorite breakfast ideas...

Shakeology Shake



I make a chocolate Shakeology shake nearly every weekday morning.  I love them because they are healthy, tasty, filling, a quick fix, and something I can drink on the way to work.

I usually blend mine up with unsweetend vanilla almond milk, one banana, and some peanut butter.


Sausage "McMuffin"

This is the unhealthy McDonalds version.  I usually devour my healthier version too quickly to take a photo!


I love breakfast sandwiches and have always been a sucker for a Sausage McMuffins from McDonalds.  For obvious reasons, they are not the best choice.  Every now and then I will do a copycat version.  I use Bob Evans turkey sausage patties, Kraft 2% milk singles and whole wheat English muffins.  This breakfast sandwich really is delicious.  I try to be careful though because I know that sausage is packed with sodium.


Steel Cut Oatmeal - Crockpot version



I love to make steel cut oatmeal in the crockpot.  I then refrigerate it and portion it out for the week.  I like to warm it up, add a little milk, and some sliced bananas.  I also like to add in some walnuts if I have them. Organize Yourself Skinny has a lot of great oatmeal recipes!


Western Omelet Egg Scramble



When I go out to breakfast, my favorite thing to get is a Western omelet.  I make my own version at home where I have more control over what goes into it.  I just beat up a couple eggs and toss in some small bits of ham, green peppers, and onions.  I scramble the eggs in a pan and melt a slice of cheese over top.  Yum!


Breakfast Burritos



I basically take the Omelet Egg Scramble and eat inside of a whole wheat tortilla.  I like to eat this with turkey sausage instead of ham though.

Peanut Butter and Banana Toast



I like to toast up a multi grain sandwich thin, spread on some natural peanut butter, and top with banana slices.  Simple, but yummy...

Banana Blueberry Muffins




These are healthy and made with all natural ingredients.  I got the recipe from Jillian Michaels' Master Your Metabolism Cookbook.  They are delicious!

What about you?  What are your go to breakfasts?

1 comment:

  1. MMM! I love muffins! I'm not really a fan of breakfast foods but I know I should be. Haha. I want to give shakeology a try one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...