Apr 30, 2014

Ain't Nothin' But a Number!

As you can tell by my recent posts on Facebook and my latest blog entry, I am really excited about my upcoming Facebook challenge.  We have a great group of people and I cannot wait to get started.



The group of people who have entered are a great mix of new friends and old.  One thing I am noticing though is that there are several participants who are really hesitant to send me their scale picture/before weight.  Trust me...there was a time where I would have chosen some form of punishment in place of making my weight public knowledge.

Although I am nowhere near the weight I want to be, I have stopped allowing that number on the scale to define me.  That number is not who I am.

The number for me is 252.

Do I like that number? Hell, no.

Do I want it to go down? Definitely.

Am I less of a person because of this number? Absolutely not.

I am not saying that I am never insecure anymore.  That would be a lie.  I doubt myself all the time, but I am learning each and every day to be more forgiving.

I feel great and I am getting stronger.  The scale is not moving as fast as I would like, but I am noticing differences in my body. I am stronger.  My endurance is much better.  I am tightening up.  I recently ran 3 miles in under 30 minutes!!  I am slowly turning into an athlete of sorts.

I haven't taken progress pictures in a couple weeks, but in the most recent one, there is only about a 5 pound difference -- but it looks much more significant than that.  I am not going to allow the fact that the number isn't crazy big take away the fact that I made progress.  (That is why I want my challengers to send me a before picture.)


The scale is nice, but it ain't everything!  Don't beat yourself up.  Join the challenge and know that if you send me your weight, you are sending to a person will not judge.  I am just a cheerleader.

In other news....

CONGRATULATIONS TO MY FIRST GIVEAWAY WINNER!!  Enjoy your Brady Bands, Leslie!  I know I do.  There are so many pretty choices...and for a great cause!  I will be e-mailing you this evening with your giftcard!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...