Sep 8, 2013

Purdy Clothes

There are a lot of reasons that I want to lose weight.  Health, of course, is the most prominent.  Today, however, I am going to focus on the shallower end of my goals.  I want purdy clothes, dang it!

As I have been losing weight, I have done a lot better with how I am dressing myself.  I feel more confident in dresses and am choosing style and patterns that I normally would not touch.  It feels good.  

There are some things, however, that I would LOVE to wear that I cannot quite swing yet.  My nose is kind of pressed up against the glass in a sense.

These are my fashion goals -- the ones that when met will cause me to do a little happy dance in the middle of whatever store I am shopping in at the time.  


Knee High Boots

Right now my calves are too freakishly wide to wear even plus sized knee high boots.  I have a feeling that (thanks to genetics) my calves would be wide even if I weighed 120 pounds.  I have to believe that shedding the weight will allow me to at least fit into SOME of them though.  I mean, ankle boots are cute as heck, but I want some sexy knee highs, dang it!!

This is the Pinterest outfit of my dreams.  I love everything about it and am trying to collect the pieces a little at a time to replicate it, but it just won't do without those knee high boots. 


Skinny Jeans

Not that original of a choice.   Every chubby chick would kill to look awesome in a pair of skinny jeans.  I wasn't sure I even liked them on skinny people when the first came out, but they have grown on me.  I would love to rock a pair at some point...maybe I could pair them with the boots!  What I really love is skinny jeans with ballet flats, though.




Short Sleeves

Ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne BAT WINGS!! I have a lot of hanging arm flab, so I pretty much refuse to wear shirts where the sleeves are above the elbow.  It may seem silly, but it is my reality.  I want to feel attractive and confident in my clothing, and short sleeves are not part of that equation.  



                           

Sun dresses

I love the light little sundresses that people wear -- maxi dresses and the like.  I would love to be able to sport these during the summer without a cardigan or shrug (back to the arm flab issue).  I have been drooling for quite some time over the many adorable dresses on Kiki LaRue's website.  I have not made a purchase yet -- but I will when I reach some of my goals.  Sun dresses just seem so breezy, care free, and pretty. These are a couple that I have had my eye on..



There are many more little things I would like to squeeze my rear into, but these are the biggest ones on my list.  In the past, I often found myself looking at some outfits and saying, "I wish I could wear something like that."   Sometimes, it is best that I don't try (for now) because it is not the kind of outfit that lends itself to a fuller figure.  HOWEVER, I have found lately that there are some styles I pine over that I CAN wear.  There is no reason I can't.  I just have tried to blend in with the walls most of my life and never really tried to accessorize or wear anything that isn't a solid color...boring, basically.  It is almost like I felt that I didn't deserve to look cute.  I know how ridiculous that sounds. I am getting over it.  I have made loads of progress in that area, and I am proud of that.



2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. I can't wait for the day that I can fit into cute little boutique style clothes. My favorite would have to be the sun dresses and maxi style dresses. They are so cute. Best wishes to you, may you fit into your dream clothes very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way with boots. Wide leg sizes don't even fit me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...