Dec 2, 2013

Carrie's Feta Dip

I cannot take any credit whatsoever for the recipe that is featured in today's post.  My sister, Carrie, brought this to our family Thanksgiving as an appetizer.  It was DELICIOUS.   I made some and added it to my menu for the week, so I decided to share.


Ingredients:
  • 8 ounces of feta cheese.
  • 3 roma tomatoes
  • 1 bunch of green onions
  • olive oil
  • Greek salad dressing


Instructions:
  • Coat the bottom of a dish with olive oil.  I used about 3 tablespoons.
  • Crumble feta cheese and place in the dish.
  • Seed and chop tomatoes and toss in the bowl.
  • Chop green onions and toss in also.
  • Drizzle about 2 Tablespoons of Greek salad dressing over the top and toss together.


It will look like this:


My lovely sister served this with slices of baguette.  It was super good that way.  However, since I am trying to stay away from flour and grains, I plan to eat this with chicken.  (I had a carb binge over Thanksgiving and I felt like complete CRAP!)  

For dinner this week, I purchased a large package of chicken breasts.  I plan to grill up some chicken and top with a serving of this dip for dinner.  I don't even things sides are necessary.  If I do pair with a side, it will be green veggies.

Nutrition Information: 
Servings: 8

Calories:  141
Fat:  12
Carbs: 4
Protein: 5


1 comment:

  1. Ummm That feta dip looks AAAAAAAMazing!!! I love Feta Cheese! I'm totally going to make this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...