Nov 3, 2013

Dan's Coffee Run

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was down with the flu at the end of last week.  Because of this, I found myself watching a lot of daytime television.  After the Today show was over, (I was so glad when it was because I swear Hoda and Kathy Lee are a live television train wreck...lol) I stayed tuned in to the Queen Latifah Show.  I was really glad that I didn't have the energy to channel surf, because if I wouldn't have stayed tuned, I wouldn't have seen this story:




I was a sobby mess when this story was over.   After showing his story, he was awarded $10,000 by Starbucks in order to continue on with his good deeds of bringing joy to cancer patients and their families through a simple cup of coffee.  

This inspired me.  It inspired me to really think about how even the simplest thing can bring joy to someone's day.  It could be something as simple as a cup of coffee, a smile, a pat on the back, or a nice note.  I am going to make more of an effort to do small things to brighten the day of others.  Thank you, Dan, for all you have done so selflessly for others.

If you are interested in supporting Dan and his cause, visit his website!  I know I plan to.


1 comment:

  1. Hi lovely!

    I have been enjoying your blog and so I have nominated you to receive the Liebster Blog Award!

    All the details on how to participate are on my blog here ♥
    http://highstreethighlight.blogspot.ca/2013/11/liebster-blog-award-2013.html

    I hope you join in with the fun, follow the directions on how to participate and join in on promoting eachother and getting eachother recognized :)

    XOX Courtney @ highstreehighlight.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...