Jun 3, 2013

Things I am proud of...

I have found that it has been really easy to beat myself up over every tiny slip up.  I have decided that it is time to focus on what I am doing WELL.  Soooo, I am now going to name Mondays the day where I publicly, via blog, pat myself on the back.  I wish I could think of a snazzy title, but I think I am just going to go with "What Courtney did right for a change Mondays."  A little long winded, BUT I think it could catch on...

Thing I did right #1:


I went to the grocery store with a meal plan for the week.  All of this delicious and HEALTHY food will make up my meals and snacks for the next week.  I am trying my very best to eat as clean as possible.  Overly processed foods are the debbil! hehehe


Thing I did right #2:


These bad boys are in my house and I have not tasted a morsel.  Tim picked them up during our shopping trip this past weekend.  Chocolate and peanut butter has to be my favorite flavor combo EVER.  Why the Pop Tart gods decided to come out with this new product the week I decide to eat clean, I will never know. Damn you, Pop Tart gods, damn you.   Originally, I was going to try to get a nibble off of one...just a tiny bite.   Then I thought, what if they are awesome?  Then they will haunt me on their perch atop the refrigerator.  I don't need that kind of temptation in my life.  Therefore, they will go untasted.


Thing I did right #3:

I exercised...at WORK!  Not sure my boss would agree that this was something I did right today.  Nah, he doesn't care.  I work the week after school is out and things are really laid back.  I worked all day and then a co-worker invited me to come run with her in the gym at school.  I jumped at the chance, because I never get an exercise partner.  I SO WANT AN EXERCISE PARTNER!!  Luckily, because I had a "who gives a crap" attitude, I wore my yoga pants and running shoes to work today.  Only thing I was lacking was a sports bra...which was not great, but oh well.  I had a great time and that half hour flew!  We are had so much fun, we are going to do it all week.  It was so nice to be finished with my workout before even getting home.  We already decided that when school starts back up, we will make it a daily occurrence.  During the summer, I plan to work out each morning during the week.  I need to get back into a routine.  I need to run again, because I miss it.  Weight was melting off when I ran before.  Gotta get movin' again!   Thanks to my lovely co-worker, Barbara, for getting me outta that office chair and into that gym!



My kids will always be the things I did right.  I took this picture of Darcy and I in the little helicopter ride at Kings Island.  I thought it was cute, so I just decided to throw it in.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...