Jun 10, 2013

It's time foooooor...


This is a new "feature" where I highlight some of the things that I did well this week as I work towards change.  I am not gonna lie.  This past week was a challenge.  It wasn't because I lacked motivation, but was because life happened.  To make a long story short, our child care fell through last week and neither Tim or I could take off work.  Sooooo, I had haul butt to Indiana, so that my mother could help me with the kids for the week.  I work about 50 minutes from my mom and dad's place in Dayton, so I just stayed the week with the kids.  The problem?  All of my lovely produce and prepared-ahead-of-time meals were in Cincinnati.

So, back to the topic at hand.  What did I do right?

Thing I Did Right #1:
I did not use the stress for the week as an excuse to throw in the towel.  I didn't throw caution to the wind and eat a Nachos Bell Grande.  I can't say that delicious nacho cheese didn't cross my mind, but I did not give in.  I could not eat as cleanly as I had planned, but I was in control and that is a great feeling.

Thing I Did Right #2:
I RAN!  I ran Monday through Thursday before I left work in the school gym.  I was really proud of myself and I had a partner which was even better.  I took a break this weekend, but I got outside and ran this evening.  It was going great until it started raining! I kept going until the rain got annoying, but I did well!

Me with my post running in the rain glow!
Thing I Did Right #3:
I lost 2.4 pounds.  'Nuff Said!! 

Thing I Did Right #4:
I started watching The Killing!  Sure, I started watching that a couple seasons ago, but damn it is a good show!  AMC just can't lose.  They are responsible for all my favorite shows....well, except for True Blood and the Newsroom...but that is another entry.  Keep up the good work, AMC!



Thing I Did Right #5:
As a rule, I will always end these entries with something about my kids, because they are always the thing that I take the most pride in always.  (Cue the "awwwwww".)   Anyway, here they are playing with the Kinect.  They are now getting to the point where they have a lot of fun playing with one another.  They spent an hour jumping around in front of the TV tonight, which I am fine with because activity is activity


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...