Sep 1, 2012

What the hell...?

These past few weeks have been so odd.  I went back to work and my new boss is working me to death.  I am a hard worker and have no qualms with working hard, but for the love!!  I would come home exhausted.  Even eating was too much work...which is NOT the way I usually am.  Stress usually is behind my binges.  Not this time.  I just didn't want to eat.  I was trying to work out, but could barely muster enough energy to lift an arm.  I started not feeling well, but I thought it was due to fatigue.  Then, one morning I am washing my hair in the shower, and I feel two painful lumps on the back of my neck.  What the hell?  I was alarmed, but decided to wait and see if they went down throughout the day.  They didn't.  They got bigger and more painful.   I went to the doctor, and through his exam and blood work, it was determined that I had Mono.  Just what I need!  I really needed this energy-draining, miserable illness when I am at my busiest at work and need motivation to continue living a healthy lifestyle.   I fell off the wagon, but I did not land in a pile of Oreo cookies.  Mmmmm...a pile of Oreo cookies..... Ok, snap out of it!

I am feeling so much better and have more energy today than I have had in weeks.  I used that energy to finally clean the house I have been neglecting since I got sick.  I am hoping to get a run in and to also get back into the positive direction I was going with my diet and exercise before I started to feel "off."


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...