Jul 19, 2012

Past few days...

I have not posted anything for the past few days.  It isn't because nothing is going on, but rather because I have been too lazy to sit here and figure out something to say or how to say it intelligently.  So, here are some highlights...

Monday, I had a job interview.  It was a last attempt to get out of my current job for the next school year.  I love my chosen profession (school counselor), but I strongly dislike the school for which I work.  The students are great, but the morale of the staff is as low as morale can get in the work place.  It is depressing and dysfunctional.  I want out.  Sooo, I had this interview and it went great!   It was one of those situations where you leave and you don't have that voice inside your head chastising you and telling you what you should have done or said.  That voice that makes you cringe because something stupid you said.  There was none of that.  I feel like I have a good chance, but now is the time where I have to play the waiting game.   I am waiting for the phone call which will either reject me or accept me with open arms.  Either way, I will survive.  I just want to know.  That's all...

Tuesday, I began week 8 of the Couch to 5K program.  This is overdue, but after my awesome vacation which lacked running or jogging of any kind, I decided to set myself back a couple weeks to get back into the swing of things.  Week 8, Day 1 involves 25 minutes of non stop running.  This is really hard.  I am not giving up though.  The problem? About halfway through I inevitably have to use the bathroom!!  I always make a pitstop before I begin my run, but that doesn't matter.  So, I am taking a bathroom break, which shouldn't be allowed.  However, I refuse to wear Depends while I exercise.  I mean, I bought these running pants that actually make my butt look pretty good.  I really don't want a crumpled diaper showing through.  (haha)  Anyway, I made it through and tonight I do the second round.  I hope I make it out alive...

Wednesday, I did a couple things.  I tried a new Skinnytaste.com recipe (Cajun Chicken and Pasta on the Lighter Side) and it was a-freakin'-mazing!!  YUM.   I also started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  Man, I didn't burn nearly as many calories with this workout as with running, but it was ROUGH!  I woke up this morning and I am so sore!  It is the good kind of sore though.  Sore from a good workout means that it is working.   So, I will keep trying.  I plan to alternate running and Jillian.  Hopefully the addition of the new workout will help to get me more toned.  Gotta tighten up this jiggle a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...