Anyway, I have decided to make time. I have also decided to begin being me without apologies. I feel like I have lived life either apologizing for who I am or not showing who I am because of my fear of what people may think. I am done with that. It is going to take time, but I am working to stop hiding parts of myself in order to please or avoid criticism from others.
Because of this, I have decided it is only appropriate to share some things about me that you may not know along with some fun facts, if you will. So, yeah, this is me...
- I love music -- all kinds. My favorite band is The Arcade Fire, I do love so many though. It really isn't fair to ask my favorite song because my head would explode. I have no idea. I love hundreds of songs of different genres from different eras.
- I actually have a really good singing voice. I just never use it in public. My dream is to one day sing in front of a group of people as well as I can sing when I am alone at home or in my car.
- I am embarrassingly good at Beatles trivia.
- I love to dance...I just don't because I am too self-conscious. If I had the body I wanted, I can picture myself dancing on tables or on bars and shit....well, maybe not.
- I took piano lessons as a kid and one of my regrets in life is not taking it more seriously. I cannot play and I know it is because I didn't practice enough.
- I really want to learn how to play guitar and have toyed with the notion of taking lessons.
- For a person as dorky as I am, I know the words and can rap along to a shockingly high number of rap songs. As a matter of fact, I too can rap along with Nikki Minaj on Kanye West's Monster. (I hate that I like some of Kanye's music because he is soooo not likeable) Take that, Adele!
- My favorite movie is Once. The music in it is fantastic and the story is really beautiful. If you have never seen it, it is about two people who become friends through their common interest in music. You can see that they are falling for one another, but they never admit it to one another because the timing is just bad based on things going on in their lives. The end tears me up and I cry like a baby every time I see it. Yet, I still love it. (Advice: Watch it with subtitles because their Irish accents are extremely thick and sometimes hard to understand.)
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a close 2nd for my favorite movie.
- I love Star Wars and the new one rocked my socks!
- I love Martin Scorcese movies.
- Even though I should say that my favorite Tarantino movie is Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction, it is actually Jackie Brown.
- I love chick flicks. My fav is When Harry Met Sally.
- I love stupid comedies. I really also like raunchy humor.
- I barely watch TV anymore. I have Direct TV and barely know how to navigate the menu.
- When I do watch TV my favorite shows are The Walking Dead, Family Guy, and Louie.
- My favorite show ever was Breaking Bad.
- My guiltiest pleasures are the now gone True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, and Once Upon a Time.
- I think I have probably seen every episode of the Golden Girls a dozen times.
- If I make fun of you or joke with you a lot, it means I love you.
- If I smile, nod, and say "that's great" or "ok" a lot, not so much...
- I cry when I am angry (I hate that about myself!).
- If I am pissed off I also tend to get silent and have noticed that I bite my lip.
- I can be socially awkward. I HATE social events where I barely know anyone.
- I strongly dislike escalators due to getting my shoelace caught in one as a child. It was traumatic!!
- I am medicated for anxiety and also because without medical help, my serotonin levels are freakishly low.
- If I could marry any celebrity it would be Seth MacFarlane because he is freaking hilarious. He can sing too! A sense of humor is the most attractive quality a person could have, in my opinion.
- Speaking of hilarious, I also am a huge fan of Louis C.K.
- I love animals, but my favorite animal is orangutans. I mean, look at this face!!!!
- I can understand coding enough to maintain this blog, but cannot understand how to properly and efficiently use Microsoft Excel.
- I am highly intuitive.
- I believe in ghosts and have even seen a few.
- I love cereal. I eat it for dinner at least 4 nights per week. My favorite is Cocoa or Fruity Pebbles. I am trying to be all healthy and crap though...so my dinner cereals are less sugary. Booooo!
- I love being creative -- in a variety of ways
I could go on, but I won't cause, yikes! Just wanted to reveal a little more about who I am because of the fact that I am normally kind of uncomfortable talking about myself. Just thought it would be a more fun way of reintroducing myself to the bloggy universe.