Jun 21, 2013

Liebster Award

Lindsay, blogger from Lindsay Ray, Mama Extraordinaire,  nominated me for a Liebster Blog award.
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite”. This award is the “favorite blog award”.  This is really cool and I would like to thank Lindsay for the nomination.  I definitely have fewer than 200 followers, so I appreciate her taking the time to read my little blog. 
image
To accept the nomination, I have to complete the tasks below:
  • Link back to the blog that nominated you,
  • Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers,
  • Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator,
  • Share 11 random facts about yourself,
  • Create 11 questions for your nominees, and
  • Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
Below are the blogs I have nominated:
 
Random Facts About Me:
  1. I hate spending money.  Some would say I am cheap, I like to call it "thrifty."
  2. I have the strange OCD thing about the way my groceries are arranged on the conveyer belt at check out.  Like, if I can is laying on its side, I have to fix it.  Tim puts stuff on there wrong on purpose, just to piss me off.
  3. I make the best brownies in the free world.
  4. Part of my left leg is always numb thanks to an incident at the Indiana State Fair involving the log ride when I was 14 years old.
  5. I have a pretty good singing voice.
  6. Speaking of voices, my voice is kinda child-like.  I often get the, "Is your mom home?" question when I answer the phone.  
  7. It is nearly impossible for me to stay awake during long car trips (when I am not driving).
  8. I have freakishly loud sneezes and I never sneeze just once.
  9. I am usually very calm in stressful situations...usually.
  10. I have a somewhat irrational fear of driving on snow and ice. 
  11. I have never had a professional pedicure (see number 1).
Questions from my Nominator
  1. Who is your biggest supporter? My husband, Tim, my parents, sister. ( I am lucky.  I have many.)
  2. What do you wish you had more time for? "Me" time and date nights
  3.  If you could change one thing about society, what would it be?  The lack of consideration and respect people seem to have or don't have for others.
  4.  What makes you feel at peace? Cuddling with my kids on the couch.
  5. What is your favourite book?  The Help
  6.  What is one of your family traditions in your house? Christmas Eve turkey dinner - just the 4 of us.
  7. What is the one thing you wish you were better at? Housekeeping
  8. What one thing would you change about yourself? I would stand up for myself more.
  9.  How do you define, being a great mother? Being patient, kind, and silly.  Silly is very important. 
  10.  What is your favourite movie? Tough One.  Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. 
  11.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Wherever my family is. 
Questions to my Nominees:
  1. What is your favorite personal trait?
  2. How do you prefer to spend your free time?
  3. If you could sit down to dinner with any person (living or dead) who would it be?
  4. What is your guilty pleasure?
  5. What inspires you?
  6. If money were no object and you could buy anything right now, what would it be?
  7. What is your favorite food?
  8. What is your favorite material possession?
  9. How would others describe you?
  10. What was your worst subject in school?
  11. What is your favorite activity to do with your family on a Saturday?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...