So, here it is.
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- 12 corn tortillas (I actually used 10 because I was running low, but 12 would have been ideal.)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- 2 cups of your favorite jarred salsa - I used the organic Meijer brand.
- 1/2 cup of canned, black beans (I do not like a ton of beans, so add more if you like)
- Corn (I had fresh corn on the cob. I cut the corn off 3 medium-sized ears.)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite canned enchilada sauce
- 1 1/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- Chopped cilantro
- In the morning, I put one pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast in my crockpot with a couple cups of salsa. I cooked it slow and then later shredded the chicken with a couple forks, for a nice chicken filling. If you don't have the time to cook the chicken in the crockpot, you could probably speed up the process by cooking on the stove. I always use the slow cooker though.
- Once the chicken is finished, start shredding prepping your casserole.
- Prehead oven to 350.
- Line the bottom of the pan with a light layer of enchilada sauce.
- Layer half of the tortillas on top.
- Add half of your ingredients: chicken, corn, beans.
- Sprinkle on some cilantro and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Repeat the layers only adding the rest of the cheese as the final layer.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
So, listen. I am not a professional chef. This is something I literally made up as I went along. I measured because I wanted to keep track of my calories. I made this based solely on my personal tastes. Feel free to adjust according to what you like and add/subtract calories accordingly.
I plan to serve with a romaine lettuce salad. If I am really hungry and have the calories, I will definitely add in a small serving of brown rice also.
Weight Watchers Points/Serving: 9
Calories per serving: 379