Jul 24, 2012

Skinny Chicken Pot Pie -- Yummy!


Tonight I tried a recipe for Skinny Chicken Pot Pie.  I adapted it slightly from Mama Laughlin's version of this recipe.  There is nothing at all wrong with her recipe.  I was just in a hurry and wanted more veggies.

The modifications I made were:
  1. Instead of boiling raw carrots, onions, and celery, I prepared a package of Steamfresh mixed vegetables in the microwave.  I added these veggies and some fresh chopped onion to the broth mixture for the filling.
  2. Instead of using the 2 cups of liquid from the boiled vegetables (I did not have any cause I steamed my veggies), I just added two additional cups of chicken broth


The verdict?  It turned out to be delicious!  It didn't feel like I was eating a skinny version of anything! If you are interested in trying the recipe, click here for Mama Laughlin's recipe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...